- Lie on your side on a hard surface.
- With spine in alignment and pelvis in neutral, bend knee of leg to be stretched.
- For easier access of your ankle, bring the knee up towards your chest.
- Grasp the top of your foot and gently draw it towards your buttock.
- Remember not to tuck the pelvis in one or the other direction at this point, keep it in neutral!
- Hold the stretch until you feel the muscles in your thigh relax, then increase the stretch by drawing the heel closer towards your buttocks.
Warm Up: 20 seconds
Main Stretch: 30 to 40 seconds
Repetitions: 2x daily